Sunday, February 12, 2012

Monitor (A Calvin Recker Mystery) Part Seven

And here we go, the dramatic conclusion of "Monitor"! Thanks everyone for reading this week, if you are a little behind, don't worry, all seven parts will remain available here on the blog.

But, if you want to own the whole thing...

The ebook (ALL SEVEN PARTS) is available for the low, low price of 99 cents on Amazon Kindle HERE (or click the link under the book cover to the left or the cover image on the top right hand side).

Don't have a Kindle? You can download the FREE Kindle app HERE and you can put it on you iPhone or iPad, Android, or your PC or Mac or whatever else you have. YOU DO NOT NEED A KINDLE TO READ OR PURCHASE THIS STORY!

If you have a Barnes & Noble Nook, you can now purchase it HERE.

If you don't want to pay for it at all, and you feel that all content on the Internet should be free? Hey, that's cool, I understand, you can read the story for free a little each day as an old school serial.

I would encourage everyone to retweet or post it on your Facebook page (just click those little icons on the bottom) and write a review on Amazon, that would be much appreciated! 

Read Part One Here.
Read Part Two Here.
Read Part Three Here.
Read Part Four Here.
Read Part Five Here.
Read Part Six Here.

Enjoy Part Part Seven, the conclusion!

5:30 p.m. comes along and we’re all staring out the front window.
And I mean all of us.
Me, Grover, Juliet, Ryan and Daisy.
Ty’s BMW drives up and pulls into the driveway.
He stops and pushes the automatic garage door opener attached to the visor.
The garage door opens.
Ty and all of us across the street see Nora brilliantly lit in the middle of the garage holding one of the autographed Louisville Slugger baseball bats.
And she’s smashing the living shit out of Ty’s beautiful man cave.
Ty drops his briefcase in horror and makes a move toward her, but Nora swings the bat in his direction as if to say, “Don’t even try it.” Then she goes back to work.
She smashes the bar top and the stools.
I wince.
She smashes the sports memorabilia.
Oh, God.
She smashes the Golden Tee.
No!
She smashes the two swivel chairs until feathers fly out and the garage looks like a shaken-up snow globe.
Oh, the horror.
And then she goes back to the bar and smashes the beer tappers.
Mad Hops beer sprays out, covering the walls, the artificial turf floor, and Nora herself in delicious vengeful victory.
The beer floods out of the garage and down the driveway over Ty’s shoes.
“She didn’t have to take it out on the beer. What did the beer do? The beer was innocent and refreshing,” Grover says.
“It serves him right,” Juliet says. “Right, Calvin?
I shake my head. “I don’t know. I’m just very conflicted about this outcome. That was one really sweet man cave.”
We watch Ty attempt to plead his innocence to Nora, but she just points across the street.
At us.
Ty turns around.
“Hide!” I shout, ducking my head under the window ledge.
“Hide! Hide! Hide!” Ryan says, joining me on the floor.
The kid loves to play hide-and-go-seek.
Juliet coolly closes the blinds shut and says to me, “I think we might have to move.”
I’d agree with her, but I keep my head down and my mouth shut, because Ryan and I are playing hide-and-go-seek and we take the game very seriously.
The End


Calvin Recker will return soon in "Homewrecker".

No comments:

Post a Comment